Monday, October 24, 2011

HOMEMADE GOODNESS.


















 This was my first attempt at making anything vegan and I was not disappointed! These muffins turned out so soft and delicious, a new favorite for sure (and they aren't from a box, so 'go me!')

Ingredients:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1.5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Lemons for Zest
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Soy Milk
1/3 Cup Conola Oil
1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
1.5 Cups Blueberry (I used frozen given the season)

Preheat oven to 375F. If you aren't using paper lining- lightly grease your pan.

In a medium bowl mix your flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.

In a large bowl mix your sugar, milk, oil, and vinegar. Mix well!

Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients in the large bowl. Fold in the blueberries.

Bake for appx. 22min or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

*** Note: For a moment I was kinda bummed that they turned out so hard on the outside even though I watched the bake time carefully. However, after an hour or so they were super moist again. So don't be sad- they soften up!***

Enjoy!
Xo-
Janae

2 comments:

  1. These look so yummy. Are you vegan too? I love vegan food. It's so rich. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not vegan but vegetarian! These muffins really impressed me :)

    ReplyDelete