Friday, August 12, 2011

HER TOP 5: MOVIES.

Sometimes there are just things in our lives we can never imagine being tired of. This morning I popped in the movie Julie and Julia... one of my go-to movies when the mister isn't around (ha ha) and it got me thinking about all the things I love and could watch/read/do over and over without tiring of. So in comes my Top 5 post. Today, in honor of my movie watching, I will share my top 5 movies that I go to whenever I can :)





Julie and Julia has been in my Top 5 for the last year. I don't really cook, except for a few Real Simple recipes and the occasional pasta with marinara. But this movie, just the story lines, are so inspiring about making a challenge for yourself and the satisfaction of seeing it to the end. I now own both the books its based on and watch the movie at least once a month, sometimes more. I don't watch this when Nate's around, he isn't that into it :) Its borderline obsession.


















American Graffiti is one of my favorite coming of age stories. What can I say? Between the music, the clothing, the sets, this was the era I should have been born into. And I truly believe that! I love watching this movie this time of year when Back to School is in the air and summer vacation is coming to an end. Perfection. (It also makes we wish I owned a lettermens sweater, should work on that)





Pretty in Pink is probably my favorite Molly Ringwald film. Her ingenuity with clothing, her hopelessly adorable sidekick Duckie and the fact that her nemesis' name is Steph all make me smile. And it doesn't hurt that everything is pretty much coated in Pink. The costuming is incredible, from herself to her friends, a great example to girls who want to make their own look. And the theme song is pretty much ahhh-mazing :)



















Besides having a love for all things Swedish, I am also extremely partial to all things Parisian. Paris Je'taime only feeds into this. Every single one of the mini stories give you a glimpse into the world of Paris through someone else's eyes. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll immediately want to book a plane ticket. I love each of the little stories but my top two would have to be the story of the Mime and the very last one of the American woman visiting France. Her American/French accent is hilarious, and sometimes I find myself talking similarly in my limited knowledge of the language. Bonjour!












So I can thank my husband and my bro-in-law for my love of Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Nerdy? Perhaps. But Scott Pilgrim was the first and only graphic novel I have ever read and loved it to bits and pieces. Its funny and surprisingly sweet and the movie did not let me down. I could watch this movie everyday for a week straight and still be laughing. I would suggest this one for anyone. Actually I would suggest all of these for anyone. But then again, I am pretty partial ha ha.














What are some the movies you love? Netflix has turned me into a movie junkie. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear ...er, read them!

Xo-
Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment