Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SUMMER TIME COOK IN.

Oh thats right, we have cook ins instead of cook outs :) Call us pansies but we just don't like the heat, or the bugs. So we fired up the George Foreman, baked some fries and I learned that watermelon salad is like the best thing since ... well, watermelon! 




Watermelon Salad:

3 cups watermelon
3 Tbl. Fresh Mint, torn
1 medium shallot sliced thinly
1/4 cup feta (or more if you are a feta junkie like me!)
White Balsamic Dressing

White Balsamic Dressing:
2 tbl. White Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbl. White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. Kosher salt
2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil

Prepare your salad and set aside while you make your dressing. Toss together right before serving!
(I wish I could remember where I got this recipe and sadly I cannot, my apologies for no source!)

The whole meal was simply delicious and I was happily reminded that sometimes it is fun to cook your own food ha ha

Xo
Janae 


No comments:

Post a Comment