Wednesday, May 23, 2012
IN THE KITCHEN: GLUTEN FREE PASTA SALAD.
You will need:
12oz Gluten Free Pasta (I used Tinkyada Brown Rice Elbow Pasta)
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 medium avocado, peeled and cubed
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup lite mayo
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh dill
1. In a small bowl place your chopped onion and vinegar and let sit while you prepare the rest of the dish. This will help soften the flavor of the onion.
2. Prepare your pasta according to the packaging- drain, rinse in cool water and let it cool completely.
3. While your pasta is cooking and cooling, in a medium mixing bowl mash the avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
4. Stir in yogurt, mayo, cucumbers, white wine vinegar, sugar and another squeeze of lemon juice. Mix well. Drain onions of vinegar and add to bowl. Add the dill.
5. Put your pasta in your serving dish and fold in the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and let the flavors develop.
Serve chilled- would be delicious with a sparkling lime water on your picnic blanket!