Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY: DINO DECOR.

Here is a fun and easy way to decorate your space with an inexpensive spin on a childs toy! The mister loves dinosaurs and I am always trying to integrate our two different tastes in our home- so when I was looking for a fresh idea for a centerpiece I turned to these little guys at the dollar store.
What you will need: Dinosaurs (or any plastic animal) acrylic paint, brushes, high gloss glaze medium, cake pedestal.
Paint your dino's whatever color you desire and let dry. Ours took about 4 coats of paint. Allow to completely dry and then apply your gloss glaze. This will give your dino a nice polished look and help keep the paint from chipping. Once complete, I arranged mine on a cake pedestal in the center of our table... I love the way they turned out!
I am hoping to find at least one large on to add to the bunch!

Happy painting!
Xo-
Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment