Friday, January 27, 2012

TOP 5: CABIN FEVER BUSTERS.


We are well into the winter season, and I don't know about you and your neck of the woods but in Ohio its cold. And dark. And most days cloudy with some sort of something falling from the sky. It can be hard to feel motivated to do anything! Here are our Top 5 Cabin Fever Busters to keep those winter blues away:

1. Candles! I love nothing more than a candle glow- making your home feel more cozy than outdoors can definitely lift your spirits. Right now I am loving the scents of baked goods and Creme Brulee and Apple Crumble are top of my list!

2. Impromptu Dance parties- These are very underrated in my opinion! Turning on a great playlist (my favorite of late has been the Rolling Stones) and letting loose is a great way to get a rush of energy and just have fun. It has also been my go-to method for shaking off a frustrating day. I promise- it works!

3. Projects- Keeping busy in a well lit space can help you forget that the sun peaced out at 5:30! Fun little crafts and prototypes are a great way to spend weeknights. I will plan on doing some run thrus during the week so I can be ready to photograph on weekends.

4. Hot Beverages- nothing says comfy cozy like a hot cup of tea after work or running errands or a post dinner coffee!

5. Favorite movies and shows- we LOVE netflix :) Its been amazing this winter when we are starting to wind down for the night. Finding old favorite tv series has been a favorite thing to do this winter. Wonder Years? Yes, Please!

What are you guys doing to keep from getting bested by winter? We have also tried board games, some friendly mariokart racing (confession: I am pretty terrible) and of course reading!

Xo-
Janae

2 comments:

  1. #3 and #4 are definitely essentials!

    My husband and I like to pick a book out and I read it out loud. I like the simplicity of it and it's a lot of fun...except when I start to lose my voice, ha!

    P.S. I just love your blog; so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading out loud sounds like fun! And so glad you found us too, we are so glad to have you :)

    -Janae

    ReplyDelete