Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DIY: NOTEBOOK POUCH.

I carry a lot of notebooks with me in my purse on a daily basis- my idea journal, my art journal, and my to-do list journal. With all the journals and pens floating around I was really wanting a carry-all case for them and couldn't find anything on the market that I liked. So I decided to make one! I constructed mine out of some upholstery fabric I had left over from another project since it was more sturdy for the wear and tear I anticipate for it.

Supplies you will need: Fabric, scissors, thread, needle, embroidery thread, and a button. I cut my fabric at 12.5 inches x 11 inches. I used my largest notebook as a size guide. Sew into a pouch with the fabric inside out so the raw edges are hidden and hem the top. Make a closure flap with a 4 inch x 2 inch piece of fabric and use embroidery thread to hem and add a decorative touch. Cut a button hole and line up with your button. And there you have it!

Happy sewing!
Xo-
Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment